[UK-CONTEST] G3WYW 80M CC 16th June 2004

Andy swiffin a.l.swiffin at dundee.ac.uk
Fri Jun 18 03:58:19 EDT 2004

>Hi all,
>
>Like Phil ( GU0SUP) I should have done better. I did 45 QSOs; and was
>struggling to find stations to work at the end.
>
>There was plenty of activity and I was rocked when I heard some of
the
>serials being given out. One gave me 35 within the first 10 minutes,
when I
>was still in single figures!

Heavens, I thought I was on a joke of a score with 28 for my first try
in CW CC but it looks like it wasn't really too bad.  People seemed to
be reluctant to come and work me up in the QRS area for the first hour,
and then when you all got desperate it got quite busy :-)   Apologies to
G4BUO for the lousy sending when he called me, a _huge_ bumble bee
decided to come and visit to see what pollen he could get out of the
radio (the joys of having a garden shack), I became slightly distracted
for a few minutes....  The lousy sending when the rest of you worked me?
 Oh, that's just the norm.....

Wish I'd given these CW CC sessions a go earlier, tragic that they're
about to finish just when I get started :-(

See you all next thursday.

Cheers
Andy
gm8oeg