[UK-CONTEST] QRS Corral

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Fri Jun 18 10:51:01 EDT 2004

On 18 Jun 2004 at 10:22, G3SJJ wrote:

> Andy, missed you because I didn't stick around the QRS Corral long
> enough!

Although there were some non QRS stations operating in the QRS Corral
section above 3550 there seemed to be enough space up there for those
were operating QRS. But as Chris says if there are plenty of QRQ
stations you can work at a decent rate it is not worth the time
working the slower ones. I see from my log there was a whole 5
minutes gap in QSOs around 2100 when I spent time looking around
there, waiting for stations to identify (to find I had worked them)
and spending time in a long drawn out QSO.

I think the contest committee has been taken back by the immense
success of these events, and by the same token some of the less
skilled ops have maybe been put off by the pace of them. But we
should encourage all to take part regardless - I have even been
trying to get one of our G7 members who is trying to get up to HF CW
speed just to have a listen (but not heard whether he actually did).

As for the QRP comments, no comment..

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com