[UK-CONTEST] QRS Etc

Ray Goff ray at g4fon.co.uk
Fri Jun 18 13:56:41 EDT 2004

> It definitely seemed to be an evening
> which benefitted stations in the Midlands, just like AFS. At the end of
> the contest G3TBK was hitting 40dB over S9 on my meter.

I'm not sure about this concept that the Midlands is the place to be, assuming
you consider Oxford to be the Midlands. Just 69 Qs here and I spent quite some
time in the QRS section calling CQ without much luck, but I do have a pretty
inefficient antenna.

I am never sure what constitutes QRS, most stations seemed happy at 18-20, but I
did get one G3 call me with a straight key at around 12. Any comments?

73

Ray, G4FON