[UK-CONTEST] 2128MHz ssb contest

Jim Balls jim at j1mbo.f9.co.uk
Tue Oct 5 03:20:49 EDT 2004

All,

For the restricted section boy was it hard work, we could work nearly all
we could hear but the CQ calls were long and hard for a reply, We did work
JA in the morning with a bit of a gap lunchtime then the NA stations
started to dribble in, didn't get VE until it was dark!
I agree, I don't think we should allow UK stations it's hard enough for the
restricted stations to work the band and without the power / antennas UK is
virtually impossible unless they are on the doorstep, we did have 2 call in
both within 15 miles, had a quick chat then onto the long CQ's again!

Oh for the sunspot!

Not sure how we will fair in the coming years as the sunspot get's lower,
it may be just a contest for the Big Guns or the Base Station as I can't
see me setting up and sitting in a field for 12 hrs to work a handful of
stations, That rings back memories of the VHF/UHF Field Day and 70cms in
the low power section.. !

Still enjoyed it again this year with some nice DX making all worth while.

Here's the nitty gritty

CONTEST:       RSGB-21/28-SSB
CALLSIGN:      M5ARC/P
CATEGORY:      MULTI-TWO ALL RESTRICTED