[UK-CONTEST] 21/28Mhz, the future?

Peter Hobbs peter at tilgate.co.uk
Tue Oct 19 19:27:15 EDT 2004

Actually, the 21MHz CW contest was widely supported a few years ago, as
Clive says, when it was a counterpoint to  the 21/28MHz phone contest.  I
think it was set up when 21MHz was a comparatively new allocation to show
what it could do.  I have to say I lost interest when 28MHz was added to the
CW event.  The problem is that both concepts are now dated in relation to
current expectations; after all, who wants to just work the UK, unless in a
comprehensive environment, as in the case of WAG?  Unlike most of the other
countries, we've never had a major all band "work the UK" contest.  A lot of
organisation would have to go into such an event if it were to be seen in
the same league as WAG or the Russian contest, but I can't really see that
anything less is likely to be supportable.  Perhaps we can have a go on the
whole subject at the HFC this weekend . . .

Peter G3LET