[UK-CONTEST] Turbolog 4

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Thu Aug 25 07:20:56 EDT 2005

On 25 Aug 2005 at 9:26, G3RIR wrote:

> Ian and all,
>
> I have used Logger32 for several years now and it is a superb program (free
> or not). It is not a contest program nor claims to be. I now use N1MM for
> contesting being in the process of moving from CT. I am not yet sure that
> N1MM is better than CT but perhaps that is my lack of familiarity with CT.

One program which rarely gets a mention when comparing logging
software is XMLog (http://www.xmlog.com). Free and it does everything
I want in a general logging program. Excellent ADIF import/export for
inputting contest logs (in my case SD) and uploading to LOTW and
eQSL. Packet interface and QRZ.com lookup. CW keyer interface, though
not used here. Excellent support via a Yahoo group from the author.

But it is a matter of taste what you use. Having used XMLog for some
time I would not contemplate changing.

Stewart Cooper wrote:
>...which I use to upload my calls to the on-line log on my web-site.

What is the form of your on-log? There have been cases where a full
log is on public view of listeners fraudently using the information
to generate ficticious listener reports on eQSL. Most dx-peditions of
course use a look up database which only tells you what bands you
have had QSOs, not the dates and times. (another possible hot
topic!).

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com