[UK-CONTEST] Contest logging software for general dxing

Steve Jones steve at rjtraining.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Aug 25 07:47:19 EDT 2005

Good point Ian. I also now use N1MM for most contests, having converted
from CT for all the big contests - exception being SD SDV and SDI which
I still use for rsgb domestic contests like ropoco, iOTA when not
running assisted mode, and the odd 2m and 6m contest.

I am still getting into N1MM ready for trialing multi single from a
larger contest shack here which is nearing completion. We used it in NFD
cw last year with two networked laptops and it worked very well. I plan
to network it over 3 or 4 pcs/laptops in the next few weeks ready for
multi single/ multi multi this contest season.

I know of at least one person who is now using N1MM for sporadic es
opening on vhf as its so fast to input and the bandmapping is great for
spot hopping in an opening. I too am coming around to the idea of using
N1mm for general dxing and just using logger32 for award tracking and
qsl management- I presume that you have imported your whole log via adif
into N1MM and then run in dx mode? - I have not explored using its
features for dxing yet but can see the advantages of being more familiar
with the features when you contest with it - I find I have to have some
practice in the week b4 the contest to re familiarize myself with the
software.  If you have the time I would be interested in hearing any
tips you can pass on your N1mm set up for dxing (direct rather than on
this reflector perhaps).

73

Steve gw0gei