[UK-CONTEST] N1MM

Bob Henderson bob at cytanet.com.cy
Wed Aug 31 11:15:25 EDT 2005

I'm no expert on ATC but if a mouse works for them then that's great.  I do
have a little experience at contesting though and will say that for CW
contesting, a mouse is an unecessary diversion which brings with it an
unjustified overhead.  The same is probably true for phone contesting but
I'm guessing because as most folks know, I know nothing about that.  Data
mode contesting, including RTTY, is a noteworthy exception to this.  Why is
that?  Well, because you can run a RTTY contest competitively without using
a keyboard at all, making the mouse the primary or even sole input device.*
I haven't seen software which will provide sensibly for that in CW or phone
contests.

This is really not about catering to dated old standards.  It's about using
what works until there is a body of evidence to show that something
new-fangled works better.

73

Bob, 5B4AGN, P3F, G3ZEM
* World-wide #1 SOAB HP CQWW RTTY 2004