[UK-CONTEST] 80m CC CW - G3SXW

G3SXW g3sxw at compuserve.com
Mon Jan 3 22:30:00 EST 2005

Dear UK-Contest Reflector,
It's confirmed then: ALL entrants to tonight's 80mtr CC CW
were in the QRP section haha. Even the likes of BUO, SJJ were
S6 at best. The loudest signals were from Ukraine. Even
TXF/WVG, ten miles away, were S7 max. Wierd condx indeed.
Shame, cos ionospheric noise was v. low.
I made a meagre 48 (QRP) contacts. Many stations were not
hearing me. Some (G5LP, G3RSD, G3RIR come to mind, but
they were probably QRO) were also not hearing several other
callers.
PS - I'm back on this reflector after a 1-2 year break. Let's see if
it has improved at all. Re-re-re-re-reading the same >message
only provides screenfuls of garbage, wheat-from-chaff syndrome.
Rule number one: if it's more than one screenful then <DEL>.
Happy New Year - 73 de Roger/G3SXW.