[UK-CONTEST] BERU at G4OBK

cq cq at philcatterall.plus.com
Mon Mar 14 08:04:19 EST 2005

Hi All

Interesting to read the comments from entrants in BERU - these are mine, edited from my log soapbox:

CLAIMED-SCORE: 5300 (24 hour Open Section)

Used SDC(WIN). Great program (Thanks Paul EI5DI) no problems and terrific clean keying when configured to Winkey via Josef's (OM7ZZ) Microkeyer. As I expected I couldn't stay awake and took my meals out of the shack so I was QRV for 19 hours. I seem to lack the committment in contests these days to stay awake and to concentrate. BERU is the toughest and most challenging contest in the RSGB Calendar. I was glad when it stopped and it made me realise that these days I am more of a DXer than a dyed in the wool contester! There was a very good long path opening to VK/ZL between 08-09z on 20m and condx were good for this part of the sunspot cycle. Log comments:

        `                    80m     40m     20m      15m     10m     Total

 Valid QSOs:         34         66         109      59       14         282

Bonus:                   22         48          68       43      14         195

Total Points:          170       330       545      290      65        1400

73 Phil G4OBK