[UK-CONTEST] SD in 80m CC

G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Fri Mar 18 10:30:51 EST 2005

All sounds a bit complicated to me Paul.
I guess CT set the original simple standard adopted by NA and now Writelog:
F1   CQ
F2   59(9) + serial
F3   TU G3SJJ
F4   G3SJJ

Type call,          Hit Insert (to pick up call and send content of F2)
Type exchange, Hit +       (to log QSO and send content of F3)

For S&P you just toggle between F4 and F2.

The nice thing about all this is that at least for right handed people, your
hand is close to the keyer paddles to add anything like a name or ? I prefer
to send a lot on the external keyer, in fact those first 45 Qs I mentioned
were all made on the keyer, (hence the attack of red wine syndrome) and I
used my left hand to hunt and peck on the keyboard. I only started using the
Insert/+ combo when things had cooled off a bit.

Bob 5B4AGN/P3F showed me how to setup Writelog for Enter key only and I
think TR did this, but I find I am more comfortable with the CT standard at
rates less than 150/hour.

Everyone has their own gout, as the French say.  Chris G3SJJ