[UK-CONTEST] CQWW CW 2005 - SOSB 80M HP

Bob Beebe gu4yox at cwgsy.net
Mon Nov 28 15:26:39 EST 2005

An interesting weekend here on 80M SOSB. Wonderful conditions on the first night with a large number of US 3 pointers in the log, great fun. My target was Antonietta bringing in my toasted bacon and egg sandwich at around 0830. This was achieved along with about 600 Q's in the log. Not bad for the first stint. The Saturday afternoon/night was not so good and couldn't get a good run going. I moved around  a few times but settled down after 23.00z. The US run started again and was again fruitful. I was disappointed at no eastern zones after Z20 and was becoming tired at 0230z. Took 3hrs to get back in the swing. Pressed on as best as possible but started thinking about improving reception antennas - must do more work here. Sunday afternoon/evening was great. Started again around 16.30 and carried on. Yes! the AS opening occured and a few JA's worked, interupted by ZD8 and 8Q7. Things were looking up and were good until about 23.00 when at times PU's were tough.

All in all a great weekend but more zones should have been worked. Things to improve:

Stuff to do: - Elbows ache, desk front need altering
               Shack seating needs improving
               Early Retirement would be useful
Rx - Better Rx antennas and filtering
     Eastern antennas required
Zones: Must work more. Perhaps more S & P
HP - More Brown sauce required at breakfast!

Stuff not to do:

Don't look at the cluster after a long night and see what you've missed. ZL6, FP etc etc

80M SOHP
QSO's: 1309
Ctry's: 82
Zones: 18