[UK-CONTEST] CQWWCW

Andy Hamon andyh at cwgsy.net
Mon Nov 28 15:30:51 EST 2005

Unfortunately a poor effort from me, only 4 hours in the chair and
120 QSOs in the log (mostly on 80m). Too many unplanned domestic
interruptions / commitments!
Conditions seems good early on Saturday from here on the rock and
hope Bob, GU4YOX, managed to "give away" the GU mult on 80 to all who
needed it.
Very pleased with the performance of the Orion, considering Bob lives
only a quarter of a mile from me and I am sure he was not in the QRP
class, he was inaudible except within a couple of KHz of his
frequency. No noticeable RX degradation at all. Bravo Orion.

One aspect of the contest I was unsure of and did double checked the
rules:
Is there an award for the station that makes the most CQ calls on a
busy band without making a single QSO??
One particular ER station had their foot firmly planted on the CQ
button, leaving no more than two to three seconds between calls even
if someone replied!
I also heard a G station giving them a run for their money.

73 & see you in the next contest (hopefully).

Andy, GU4WTN