[UK-CONTEST] Consultation - NFD

G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Wed Aug 16 05:04:28 EDT 2006

The point I was making Stewart is that Cluster is already part and
parcel of any of the Field Day rules and has been for a long time. Like
Dave BUO said, it isn't really of great advantage in NFD, although could
be used to keep an eye on activity, say for instance 10m. In reality I
don't think many, if any groups use it, although I have done so in SSB
FD a few times in the last 10 years.

Likewise you can have access to Cluster in Club Calls Contest, 21/28,
Low Power Field Day, Commonwealth and IOTA, and any contest which has an
MO section.  As, of course, you can have networked computers for all of
these. It just seems a complex and backward step if you start to
re-define what constitutes a multi operator section.

The point then NFD is whether to go for multipliers, where Cluster would
help or stay with the same scoring as now, but not to re-define general
multi-op rules.

Chris G3SJJ