[UK-CONTEST] Consultation - NFD

g4fka at aol.com g4fka at aol.com
Fri Aug 18 11:51:39 EDT 2006

Couldn't agree more. My thinking that simplicity might win the  day is based
on my own CW experience. Over 33 years on the air but  hardly a CW QSO in the
log until the 80m CCs came along. Simple rules,  minimal sections, no big
amps, simple antennas (by wavelength necessity), a nice  little QRS corral to get
started and look how popular they've become. A  couple of years building up
the speed to something passable and hey presto my  first ever HF NFD as an
operator this very year!

Given the reduced support to clubs generally, maybe a simple format is
exactly what the clubs need to encourage them back.

Anyway enough from me. I'll continue to read and enjoy the mail from  those
far more experienced in the NFD art!

Geoff