[UK-CONTEST] Merging of HF and VHF Contest Committees

G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Sun Dec 3 05:40:25 EST 2006

Thanks for the update Don, and a big Thank You to Justin and Andy for
their efforts.  I am sure Justin will be pleased to get off the
merry-go-round and enjoy some contesting again. I know I was! Two
highlights over the past few years come to mind. Introduction of contest
results on the HFCC Website and 80m Cumulatives.

The main problem against merger in the past was that those on the
committees who were passionate about HF contesting had little or no
interest in VHF contesting and vice versa. I am sure that is much the
same now but with a reduced HF calendar, and probably VHF also the
remaining tasks are more as Don says. I reckon something like Chair, HF
Representative, VHF Rep, Marketing (Radcom), Marketing (Website) plus a
pool of adjudicators would do it.

Go for it, Don  (and I hope you get a volunteer!!)  I don't intend
getting into a heavy discussion either (for a change!)

73 Chris G3SJJ