[UK-CONTEST] G3BJ STEW PERRY CONTEST

Don Beattie g3ozf at btinternet.com
Sun Dec 31 03:20:58 EST 2006

My worst effort in the SP contest to date. Generally poor conditions and I think a resultant lack of activity. Or perhaps it's just that I'm getting old.

Good opening to JA last night, with big signals, but then the US just did not really happen until about 05.30. The middle of the night was dire for me here. I think stations further North were doing a bit better. US signals were ESP until about 05.00.

361 QSOs and just over 2k points. Not very good at all. Best DX was a JA5 at about 9.6k km

Nice to hear a reasonable number of UK stations taking it seriously.

73 and Happy New Year to all

Don, G3BJ