[UK-CONTEST] N1MM in UK

G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Sat Feb 18 08:08:17 EST 2006

Tom, I wasn't arguing that point. In fact I agree with you, the old .LOG
format and separate summary sheet was better, BUT, the current rules
state what I have said, and if I was to enter the 21/28 Contest again
under its current format, or any other RSGB HF Contest,  I would do
exactly as required by the rules and submit a Cabrillo log. I would
however make it clear what section I was in.

One of the problems we have is that many of our rules were written
before computer logging was invented and the scoring and categories now
do not line up in with
other generally accepted systems. It is a dilemma for those that set the
rules. In the early days we used to say that the tail should not wag the
dog, ie the software should not dictate the rules. Things have changed,
Cabrillo now dictates the rules and maybe other apects should follow also

We are in accord Tom.

Chris G3SJJ