[UK-CONTEST] 80m CC CW G3YMC QRP

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Fri Feb 24 03:24:26 EST 2006

Well that was a fun start to this year's club challenge.

Others have commented on the change in conditions in the latter half.
That was very very noticeable to us QRP ops! In the first hour I had
56 QSOs working mainly search and pounce (CQing seems fruitless here)
and I was keeping well up with many of the bigger boys. Everybody I
called came straight back. Then signals dropped quite a few dB and I
found I was struggling to raise most people. I only worked another 9
QSOs in the last half hour to make a total of 65, not by any means my
best effort in these events.

Running my K2 at 5W into a low long wire.

Hopefully next month's event will have G propagation right through.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com