[UK-CONTEST] 80m CC - GM3WOJ

Chris Tran zl1ct at gm7v.com
Sat Feb 25 09:30:20 EST 2006

Hello all

I decided to use this as a practice event - stayed on 3529 and worked 91
stns - didn't bother with any S&P except for the first 20 mins. Conditions
seemed good here near Inverness.

I've been trying to stay out of the debate about operating, but just can't
help joining in - the same discussion seems to flare up year after year.

This is nothing to do with software - it's all down to whether you regard
any 'contest' as competitive or not - in my early days of contesting I went
on one or two FD events which ended up as barbeques disguised as a radio
event. I quickly decided that these events were a complete waste of time -
if you are going to take part in a 'contest', you can't expect it to be a
social event with everyone being polite - it is a competition - how you
react to this is entirely personal preference.

Anyone who is offended by comments on this reflector needs to either (a)
unsubscribe or (b) get up to speed with contesting 2006 style ! Why are we
criticising Chris G3SJJ for trying to improve operating ?

Conditions on 160m SSB seemed poor this morning - heard lots but only a few
could hear me.

73
Chris
GM3WOJ