[UK-CONTEST] Contest exchange stuff

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Sun Feb 26 13:17:21 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "G3SJJ" <g3sjj at btinternet.com>

> All the other programs I am aware of keep Exchange and HisCall
> separate, so for Run you hit Insert which picks up F5 then F2.
> And for S&P you also hit F2.

OK - let me summarise.

All other programs:
  Run:    Insert   HisCall + Exchange
  S&P:    F2       Exchange

SD
  Run:    F2       HisCall + Exchange
  S&P:    F6       Exchange

Either way, you have to be conscious of whether you're in Run
or S&P mode, and hit the right key.

In Enter Sends Messsage mode, you press Enter all the time,
and the contents of individual memories is a non-issue -
assuming the user has selected Run or S&P as appropriate.

As for "industry standards", SD tends to keep to computer
industry standards.  As such, Insert does what it says on
the key.

73,
Paul EI5DI