[UK-CONTEST] Score publishing

Dave Lawley g4buo at compuserve.com
Tue Jun 13 17:17:45 EDT 2006

Chris

Marketing was discussed a lot at the HFCC meeting on Saturday. However
it's not good in my opinion to place too much reliance on claimed
scores. They are far from perfect:
1. Positions can and do change on checking
2. If we follow Bob's line it would be ok to publish rubbish scores
3. Many people won't submit a claimed score at all
4. Derivation of a 'good' claimed score for all logs can take
considerable time

If there's a software expert out there with lots of time on his (or her)
hands then get in touch cos we've got a list of items that need
improvement. The VHB cross-checking software is still in use but is in
need of updating, for one.

73, Dave G4BUO