[UK-CONTEST] HF NFD Rules

QUENTIN COLLIER q.g.collier at btinternet.com
Tue May 16 17:54:16 EDT 2006

Hi Neil,

  As NFD adjudicator it's probably appropriate from me to reply to this. However the rule predates my rejoining of the HFCC so I will need to do some digging to make sure I'm fully au fait with the rationale! I'll try and get back on this in the next few days.

  73,

Quin G3WRR

G3RIR <g3rir at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Could some one please help me understand a particular rule for NFD. Indeed
perhaps there is someone on the hfcc who could comment.

The rules state

b) and (c) Restricted and Low Power sections: One transmitter and one
receiver or one transceiver. Both receivers in a dual receive transceiver
may be used, if desired.

This rule says if you use a separate transmitter and receiver then you are
only able to use one receiver but if you use a transceiver which has two
receivers then you are allowed to use them both ie two receivers.

Am I allowed to use two transceivers which each have two receivers but
disable the trasmitter in one and disable the second receivers in each. I
would then still only be using two receivers as I would if they were in the
same box but completely independant as in the FT100D

Neil, G3RIR