[UK-CONTEST] Radcom Contest Results

Phil GJ4CBQ gj4cbq at jerseymail.co.uk
Tue Apr 24 17:42:23 EDT 2007

The meagre success I've had so far in persuading our club members to
participate in AFS, Club Championship and Club Calls has been, to a
large extent, due to the promise of recognition for the club in the
pages of RadCom.

The 'Top 20' policy rules that possibility out for us in AFS and CC and
means that for a mention in the Club Calls listing we'd have to exclude
the involvement of any inexperienced ops, which for practical purposes
means most of the club members :=))

Contests have helped boost the otherwise scant local activity levels
outside of the Sunday morning 2m post-news net; does the RSGB really
want to remove a mechanism that helps encourage people to get on the air?

73,

de Phil, GJ4CBQ.