[UK-CONTEST] FT1kmp partially dead

G4FNL g4fnl at bubloz.demon.co.uk
Sat Dec 8 11:52:19 EST 2007

John

I have had an intermittent problem with my FT1000MP, which I have fixed.

I traced it to one of the 2nd / 3rd IF filters that "plugs in" to the board
(on the underside).  The fault would typically affect TX and RX -
intermittently. In my case, it only affected CW transmission / reception. It
might be something simple like this that's causing you problems?

I fixed it by cleaning the lugs (connectors) involved on the specific filter
and also making the filter have an 'interference fit' by slightly bending
lugs.

Hopefully, it's a simple fix.

73  Graham G4FNL