[UK-CONTEST] AFS - and 3570 - 3590

gw0etf at btinternet.com gw0etf at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 15 08:34:59 EST 2007

--- G3SVL Chris at G3SVL.com> wrote:

> But can I pose a potentially controversial question
> - do we need to
> give up 25% of the contest space for the QRS area?

The QRS issue is even more questionable for the CC
contests where the coral takes 20 out of the 50khz
allocated. I agree for some sort of qrs area but...

On the other hand the rules only request ops to 'keep
their speed down...' so presumably this implies a
degree of flexibility and commonsense when it comes to
wpm numbers.

Maybe spreading out the masses would anyway make the
whole thing less frenetic and more welcoming for the
less hardened contester?

Speaking of numbers, I was pleased enough with my 178
from the provinces, particularly as I was up a tree
for most of the morning repairing doublet wind damage
in a rare window of fine weather.....

73,
Stewart Rolfe, GW0ETF