[UK-CONTEST] 80m CC G3SJJ G4BRA

QUENTIN COLLIER q.g.collier at btinternet.com
Thu Jun 14 12:56:46 EDT 2007

Actually Dave the reason we refer to Low Power section in NFD rather than QRP is to avoid the "QRP=5W" issue!

  73,

Quin G3WRR

Dave Sergeant <dave at davesergeant.com> wrote:
  On 14 Jun 2007 at 7:02, Dave Sergeant wrote:

> 74 QSOs in the low power section.

Sorry I meant of course the QRP section. When will RSGB/HFCC get
their act together. QRP means 5W or less (which is what I used last
night). A QRP section cannot have a 10W power limit. Some RSGB
contests (eg NFD) call the 10W section Low Power. Others such as the
CC and some of the international contests seem to think that 100W is
'Low Power'...

I think I have said this before.....

Why not keep to the system used by ARRL/CQ:

QRP - 5W or less
LP - 100W or less (though something other than 'Low Power' would be
better)
HP >100W

http://www.davesergeant.com