[UK-CONTEST] dual monitor?

Steve Bunting stephen.bunting at virgin.net
Sat Mar 3 18:00:37 EST 2007

Hi Folks,

I am thinking about using dual monitors on my contest PC to give extra
screen real estate for N1MM. Does anyone think it is worth the effort?

 From reading around, it seems that you don't need a dual head card and
that XP will do this with an extra PCI graphics card installed. I have a
spare monitor and graphics card, so I had a go at getting this to work,
but it seems that any old PCI card is not enough. Does anyone have any
ideas what the "entry level" graphics card is for the dual monitor
system? It seems the gamers pay a fortune for graphics cards but clearly
the performance would be wasted on a contest PC and I am not prepared to
pay that anyway. What should I be looking for?

As this is more of a PC question than a contest one, I should perhaps
invite replies off list.
73
Steve
M0BPQ