[UK-CONTEST] Coax feed for Beverage?

Dennis Andrews, F5VHY f5vhy at wanadoo.fr
Wed Mar 7 12:21:07 EST 2007

I would strongly advise against using satellite coax. I have tried it here on various receive antennas and get some very strange results. If you put a 50 ohm resistor across the end of a long run of it, and then put your MFJ-259 on the other end, you will find that the line is anything but flat - I think that the double shielding - one of which is aluminium foil - produces some funny resonances. The end effect of this will be that the feedline to your RX antenna is not flat and will become an integral part of the antenna itself.

I use cheapest available RG-58 here with some quite long runs.

73 de Dennis - F5VHY (in 47-land).