[UK-CONTEST] CC 2007 MM0BQI

Jim Martin mm0bqi at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Mar 12 07:38:01 EST 2007

This is a GOOD contest.  I had planned to do the full 24 hours camped on a
Berwickshire cliff top but the weather man convinced me this was not such a
good idea!  I will have to wait to use the new full sized 80m and 40m
verticals in anger!
Conditions were not very good and after a slow start managed to pick up 9M6,
ZS, 7Q, 9J, VK and lots
of NA on 15 and 20m.  Greyline was disappointing on 40m with only a couple
of VK stations in the log, heard plenty but could not crack the pile.
Sunday morning 40/80m were very noisy and only managed ZL6QH as reward for
getting up at 0500.
Highlights working;
V25SX  15-20-40-80
J88DR  20-40-80
ZS6AAA and ZS3/G3LZQ 15-20
VK and ZL on 40m.
Lowlights
Some idiot who decided to help me when a DX station was having problems
copying my serial number on 80m.  I will see if the adjudicator will allow
that one or not!
Listening on Saturday evening to several VE stations being chased off their
run frequency  by someone repeatedly sending their call, and QSY lid, idiot.
Not very pleasant.
Operated S&P only, netting 67 Qs in total with 40 BCA.  Not quite the 70 BCA
I was
looking for but not too bad from home for six hours effort.
100w to low dipoles strung round the garden and across the flat roof.
73
Jim