[UK-CONTEST] Commonwealth contest scoring query

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Tue Mar 13 06:28:28 EST 2007

On 13 Mar 2007 at 11:11, Nigel G3TXF wrote:

>  have print-outs of the 2004, 2005 and 2006 BERU results which I
>  studied
> closely on the long flight out to V2. The bit that confuses me is the
> "Restricted Section". In the 2004 BERU results 5B4AGN, ZF2NT and
> 5B4AGC were shown as the top three stations in the Restricted Section.
> Now, as far as I know, none of these three fine contesting chaps is
> into what the BERU rules call an "antenna restricted to single
> element".

I agree. I moaned a couple of years ago about the only difference
then in being that the restricted section was 12 hours as against 24
hours. Rather silly as many casual operators will end up in being on
air just over 12 hours without trying and relatively few serious
operators will find much to occupy themselves for the full 24. Now we
have a plephora of sections with the difference being addition of
single element antennas (but you can have several of those) and no
QRP section. All very confusing and no real incentive for us lesser
mortals to do a serious entry. 39 QSOs here by the way, twice as many
as I intended to work...

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com