[UK-CONTEST] Commonwealth Contest 12 Hour Section

Ian White GM3SEK gm3sek at ifwtech.co.uk
Tue Mar 13 10:31:48 EST 2007

G3SJJ wrote:
>This contest lends itself ideally to having a 12 hour section
>particularly for the UK where we are at a distinct disadvantage to
>non-UK participants and it is therefore somewhat disappointing that the
>section isn't given more prominence. The title "Restricted" was
>certainly confusing before so the change to "12 Hour" is welcome.

Just to be clear, "Restricted" applies only to power and antennas.
Additionally, 12-hour entries will be flagged within both the Restricted
and the Open listings.

Chris and I were both in the "Open 12h".

>As Ian GM3SEK noted, there is an interesting technique in choosing when
>to take breaks, annoyingly for me, whilst we both chose a similar
>pattern, particularly for HF band openings, Ian has beaten me, as did
>Chris G3VHB last year. Given that there is some continued competition I
>could be convinced to try again next year!
>
>Anyway, well done Ian.

But only if I can hang on to the claimed score. Being by far the better
CW operator, Chris may still be first past the post.

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK