[UK-CONTEST] Commonwealth Contest

Dave Lawley g4buo at compuserve.com
Tue Mar 13 17:26:12 EST 2007

Rob

I did answer the question! The scoring would be distorted and it would
turn into a domestic contest. If you read G3PJT's excellent book you'll
see that G6CJ devised the scoring scheme in the 70s and it has stood the
test of time. As Roger also pointed out, inter-UK QSOs would be in
conflict with the idea of a DX contest.

It is a diversion, but I have always been intrigued by why G GM GW and
GI have historically been considered separate DXCC countries. You have
answered with the same 'unsatisfactory' answer you accuse me of giving
re Beru - because it's always been like that.

Cheers, Dave G4BUO