[UK-CONTEST] BERU 2007 - GM3WOJ etc...

G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Thu Mar 15 18:07:33 EST 2007

Doesn't have to be at the award ceremony, just a picture of him/her or
his/her station if available, or another 12 hour entrant.  Also, very
few of us are really that bothered about seeing a full 24 hours prop.
You managed about 24 Qs over GM4FAM and 50 more than me in your extra 12
hours. Was that really worth it??

My interpretation of the rules is that there is a 24 hour section and a
12 section. Within that, and I am not sure why, is Open and Restricted.
Restricted in the accepted sense doesn't fit in with a 24 hour DX
contest. Seems to me a way forward would be :

1 - General/Open section, whatever its name, 24 hour, all call entities.
No Restricted section. If you opt for that, you understand and accept
you compete with all countries and all station configurations. Same as
now really so the guys concerned that frigging around with the rules
will upset their well thought-out and practised strategy can relax. FXB
can continue to smile.

2 - 12 Hour UK section - as it says but Restricted and Open categories.
Recognises and accepts that UK stations are discriminated against, and
so encourages limited time to work the limited number of available QSOs.
Trophies for both categories.

Now, of course, if this all works and there are a lot more stations for
UK entrants to work (ah, I see pigs on the runway) then we might be
forced to be slicker and need to send CC so as not too waste too much time!

73 de G3SJJ