[UK-CONTEST] BERU 2007 - GM3WOJ etc...

G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Fri Mar 16 03:13:57 EST 2007

Depends where you want to put your emphasis, Pete and how much support
you want to give to UK stations. There is definitely a 12 hour section
and you can choose whether you want to go Open or Restricted.

Again it depends on whether you want to accept that the rules are biased
against the UK. If you accept that then you would want to try and even
up the balance.

I fully agree with you that making 12 hour into UK only would affect
some non-UK participants, but this has to be balanced against the
discriminatory
effect in the UK of the existing rules.

All I am asking from this year's event is that greater prominence is
given to UK entrants that have opted for 12 hours, rather than playing
it down.

Then for the future for there to be an acceptance, and this appears to
be the sticking point, that the rules are discriminatory against the UK
and for that, at last, to be addressed. My guess, as ever in previous
years, is this won't happen.

(Note for SXW - I promise not to mention Beloo at FN!!!)

Chris G3SJJ