[UK-CONTEST] Wide screen monitors

Clive Whelan clive.whelan at btinternet.com
Sun Sep 9 19:13:26 EDT 2007

GM3SEK wrote

<Part of the solution may be to move the log-entry window(s)
down to the
bottom of the screen, and leave the top part of the screen
for
information that you only look at occasionally.>

In my case I have the running log at the top of the screen,
as I hardly ever need to look at it. The important bits like
the two QSO entry boxes are right at the bottom, with the
rate window and available mults. window just above, and the
band maps are left and right, extending from the bottom to
about half way up. Stuff like the grey line map is towards
the middle of the screen horizontally. Thus the bottom half
of the screen is by far the most important, therefore my
thought that a 16:9 aspect ratio is much more suitable.
However, I'd really like to hear from someone who's been
there, before I take the plunge.

73

Clive
GW3NJW