[UK-CONTEST] Product Review

G3RIR g3rir at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 26 11:24:39 EDT 2008

Dave,

You may be correct about equalizers but perhaps they are not commonly used
because we don't understand their value to us.

At present, I am struggling to obtain a decent recoding of my CQ in my
laptop using audacity. There are various weird noises in the background
(-30dB at a guess) which I would like to remove. I wonder if an outboard
equalizer would be a useful adjunct.

However, I do echo your question as to who selects products for review.

In general, in my view, Radcom is a much more worthwhile read (no pun
intended) since Giles took over as technical editor.

Neil, G3RIR