[UK-CONTEST] CQ WW CW

William & Jennifer Sefton g7pvz at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 2 05:06:09 EST 2008

Yet another teeny pistol here,

If there is a prise for the lowest score, I'd like to claim it!

IC-703 and an old 5/8 CB vertical, I decided to S+P or rather cherry
pick and work what I could!! Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and in
hindsight I should have stayed on 1 band.

Operation was very sporadic, between work, domestic chores and Hospital
visits I only managed a few hours on the key.

40 and 20 proved the most successful. 80 was a dead loss, lots of local
qrm. Surprisingly, 160 gave a couple of local qso's (with some fettling
of the aerial). 15 and 10 were disappointing here.

Overall, a very enjoyable, if sometimes very frustrating experience.

For next year: Better antenna, fix the keying issues with SD, work
though the night, get my speed up (can't cope at 30 wpm!!!)

As many of my old school teachers used to say, must do better!!

		160	80	40	20	15	10	Total
Valid QSOs	2	0	11	14	2	0	29
     Mults	4	0	9	13	4	0	30
    Points	1	0	11	24	2	0	38