[UK-CONTEST] AFS - G4FNL effort

G4FNL g4fnl at bubloz.demon.co.uk
Sun Jan 13 15:27:44 EST 2008

Hi all

I could only manage 246Q's in the AFS contest, from down here in Brighton. A
bit of a lack of local CW ops in this area - and I'm pretty sure that I was
the only entrant for my club!

I was testing out a new antenna - a full wave horizontal loop for 80m at
approx 35ft. I'm not sure that it worked particularly well.  (I also had a
265ft doublet at 60ft and was switching between the two during the contest).
Seeing Chris G3SJJ's comments - I hope that I didn't have any key clicks? (I
have an unmodified FT1000MP)

Anyway, I hope to see you all in the phone event for more fun next Saturday!

73 Graham (or Ed) G4FNL