[UK-CONTEST] An Excellent Field Day ... G3TBK/P!

David Cree daveg3tbk at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Jun 9 08:45:18 EDT 2008

After a wet Saturday morning the WX improved in the evening, Sunday was
almost to hot!
Fortunately we had erected the tower and masts on Friday evening before
the band of rain positioned itself over us.

We can also report a new high NFD score and QSO total, approximately
4943 and 1273 respectively.

Conditions were generally good, we had some QRN until the rain belt
moved, fortunatey before QSYing to 80 and 160m, both of which bands were
in perfect shape. 10m was not as good as for the last two years, but
still very worth-while monitoring for a mix of Es and ground - wave QSOs.

Operator -just one, G3TBK, so apologies to anyone who received a garbled
reply when I sleepily hit the wrong key!

Team ( a family effort ) G3TBK, XYL Moira, M3DVQ and M3TBK who listened
a lot but has yet to take the key under contest conditions.

At the end we were too tired to totally dismantle, so I'm now returning
to the hill-top to lower the tower and dismantle the beam. Fortunately
the rules only restrict the set-up time to 24 hours and don't mention
the clear-up time!

Dave, G3TBK