[UK-CONTEST] NFD

Mike Harris mike.harris at horizon.co.fk
Mon Jun 9 09:15:33 EDT 2008

G'day,

Set out with the grand goal to work all the registered station list.
Failed miserably.  Though picked up three not on the list.

15:00Z start is past the 20M window here so started listening for 15M to
light up.  Apart from a couple of RR9's and eastern EU not much was heard.
Eventually western EU started to show at about S3 but no G's.  15M didn't
play.

Went to 20M and heard many S5 - S9 EU stations, UA's, DL's, PA's, OK's etc
some with truly appalling clicks and funny notes but no G's until G3TCR/p
showed up at 17:42 at S2.  Thereafter, GW0AAA/p at 17:53 and S3.  The
strongest G was G6YB/p 18:00 at S6.

Not using a contest log and dropping my notepad caused me to skip from
serial 002 to 004.

>From then on it was a struggle finding G/p, (mostly S2 or there about) but
not so with loads of strong DL, UA etc.  Got-aways were G0FBB/p who I
heard S&P and a couple of teasers running, G3SDC/p and GD4IOM/p who were
always hovering at S1 to ESP.  Late in the 20M opening a couple of UA3's
had an interesting echo.

Following a spot to 15M I caught a ghostly whisper from GM2MP/p,
identified but didn't bother calling.

Worked GM4PXK/p on 40M followed by a few EUs then knocked it on the head.

Total G's - 12!  Slower than BERU.

Gear: K3 + Acom 1000 + OB9-5 at 14M agl, 50M from the seafront (harbour).

Regards,

Mike VP8NO