[UK-CONTEST] Russian DX Contest

Bob Henderson bob at 5b4agn.net
Fri Mar 14 09:42:19 EDT 2008

Dave

I agree.  This is of no value and encourages poor operating.  So it's a
seriously bad idea.  Not thought through.  On the whole though, I think
RDXC is a generally well managed event.  And it can be fun.

A far better way of dealing with this issue would have been to adopt the
approach suggested by someone ( I don't remember who) on CQ Contest
reflector.  Viz:

Mandate that all exchanges be suffixed with a letter reflecting power
category.  e.g. H for high power, L for low & Q for QRP.  The letter to
form part of the exchange and to be logged as such.  (Hopefully
something better than H might be used given it would be located at the
end of a numeric string)

Surely contesting is tough enough for QRPers without having to
communicate a 3 character suffix not required of higher power
operators.  Not to mention the extent to which listening to it will
irritate many operators.

Bob, 5B4AGN