[UK-CONTEST] Spiderbeam fibreglass 12m pole

Callum M0MCX callum at mccormick.uk.com
Thu Mar 20 20:14:37 EDT 2008

Half a meter is ample Clive, I've been running one of these 12m poles for a
couple of months on test at this QTH and on-and-off at the scout hut for
various experiments (also through a couple of heavy stormy nights which saw
it bending over dramatically).

I put a jubilee clip around the very bottom to stop any tendency for it to
split and we sleeve it less than 50 cms, possibly only 35 onto an aluminium
pole. Works fine and not broken yet!

I blog about it here: http://www.m0mcx.co.uk/?p=100

Make your own mind up but seriously, I've never sleeved it more than about
40cms (waste of pole!).

Cheers,

Callum McCormick
T: 07976 631881
http://www.m0mcx.co.uk/

While others were busy thinking outside the box, I cut it up because I
needed some cardboard for a project I was making.