[UK-CONTEST] GB3VHF

don.field at gmail.com don.field at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 06:38:10 EST 2008

I think Dave YMC has already given the URL for the RSGB position statement.

The mast is owned by Arqiva (whoever they are!). The problem in recent
years is obviously that site owners have realised they can ask huge fees
from mobile phone companies. Many beacons and repeaters have been caught
out by this, unfortunately, though in some cases pleas to the site owners
that we are a special case have been met sympathetically.

It would be helpful to QRX on this one, I think, until the dust settles -
there have been some emotional outpourings (understandably) but efforts are
being made behind the scenes to find a solution.

Don G3XTT