[UK-CONTEST] Call sign Dyslexia

Dave H davekh at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 11:49:41 EDT 2008

Hi

I'm always getting asked if I'm G4CXR instead of my G0CER callsign  - I
don't have anything other than stock MH31 Yeasu that came with the '897d I'm
trying to replace it with an MD100 or something but not got one yet, maybe
at Llandudno, which should improve things a bit..

I find my call takes time for the other persons brain to process - if I say
the whole call in one go there is a perceivable gap as I imagine they hear
it and then undersand it and say it back(or maybe just type it!).

I think that there is a certain amount of operator tiredness as time goes on
- by Sunday on most contests you can hear it in the voice and certainly they
make lots more mistakes and often correct but wrong way around like  REC.
The Europeans and Russians get my call correctly and exact almost whatever
the condx.  In 70s SWL days we logged for the club contests station and
stayed up all weekend - by sunday night I hadn't a clue where we were or why
we were there being so tired.

Dave
G0CER
(also G6VSG)