[UK-CONTEST] WAEDC RTTY

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Thu Aug 6 13:31:05 PDT 2009

On 6 Aug 2009 at 20:39, Phil Cooper wrote:

> I am always amazed at how many folk play in WAE and do NOT take
> advantage of QTC's. I always manage to work some who say SRI NO QTC, but
> I almost fail to understand why anyone would want to particiapte in a
> contest and then not take maximum advantage of easy points. It's a bit
> like playing in IOTA and not chasing mults!

You either like QTCs or you hate them. I am in the latter group.

In many contests a lot of us are just interested in coming on and
working a few nice DX stations and a few others to keep ones hand in.
As a QRP operator I have always found WAE a frustrating one - it has no
QRP section, you can only work outside Europe, and it is hence hard for
us lesser equipped stations to do well.

In past years I have usually worked a bit of dx but always found it
frustrating while waiting to break a pileup somebody asks the chap for
QTCs and I have to sit back and wait for what seems ages. I have never
ever sent in an entry. In current conditions I don't think I will even
bother and will go looking for stuff on the WARC bands etc.

Good luck to those who will be taking part, but it is not my scene.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com