[UK-CONTEST] WAEDC RTTY

Steve Knowles g3ufy at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Aug 6 18:16:35 PDT 2009

Phil,

Heavens, mate - no protective equipment required on my account!  If I gave
the impression I was disapproving, I apologise!  Contesting, like every
other aspect of our hobby, is all about enjoyment.  If you don't enjoy
something about it ... don't do it!

You don't have to be a potential winner to be a 'True Competitor'.  There
are many contesters (and I include myself here) who, because of limited
facilities/abilities, will never win a major award.  But, event on event, we
look at antennas, equipment, operating practices, etc. and set ourselves
targets to improve over previous performances.

And for every fully committed station there are always hundreds of others
who regularly come on "just to give away a few points" ... they are no less
"Contesters", because without them every contest would fail for lack of
stations to work!

I must admit, it would be nice to get a QTC string from VK ... but I'll
settle for a simple QSO - hope to CU over the weekend!

73

Steve  G3UFY