[UK-CONTEST] 80m CCs : tracking your club\'s activity (typocorrected!)

Alex GM3ZBE alex at gm3zbe.plus.com
Thu Aug 13 02:19:26 PDT 2009

Hi,
I would be extremely annoyed if a 50 mile rule were to be applied to the
80M CC contests.  I lived in the Midlands for 17 years and was a bona
fide member of the De Montfort University ARS.  I still am and enter the
80MCC's under their banner.  On a personal note, one thing it does for
me is that it gives me the very rare chance of being part of a winning
team from up in GM.  As Neil 'RIR mentioned DMU won the first three
years of the 80MCC contests and I greatly enjoyed being part of that
team.  I don't think I would enter if a 50 mile rule was applied now.
73
Alex

Remember......... Its just a HOBBY!