[UK-CONTEST] CW Sprint

g4zfe at g4zfe.com g4zfe at g4zfe.com
Fri Aug 14 00:00:56 PDT 2009

Dear UK contesters,

I enjoyed last nights CW sprint and would encourage more to try this
type of contest. Many of the regulars were missing (e.g. no booming
signal from 'YMC 300m away from me) and thus activity was lower than
required.

48 QSOs from Bracknell running 100W. Previous antenna talk on this
list just makes me feel inadequate - with a 33 foot rear garden 80m is
a challenge for me and a low (21') trapped dipole is all I can manage.

Any tatics to share? 55 last night from G3TXF is impressive. Using
SO2V I had one VFO on one of the big guns waiting for someone new to
call whilst I scanned the band on the other VFO. Only problem then is
beating the ensuing pileup on the new station :-)

73 de Rich, G4ZFE