[UK-CONTEST] Death to the cluster!

g3ydy g3ydy at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Dec 11 13:01:44 PST 2009

Ray,

Would you do you have to say about the following.

Rule 4 i
Starts of with the banning message and the exceptions then comes this
statement.

"You may spot a DX station as long as your operating frequency is not
given." So presumably If I have been calling CQ for a while on my favourite
frequency then switch into S & P mode, work that nice bit of DX up the other
end of the band I can now spot it, because it's not my frequency, thus
making the banned statement null and void and without fear of being
disqualified. The problem is though - Adjudicators would not necessarily
know that I had changed frequency because the contest log does not give
actual frequency only band where as the Cluster gives frequency. Whilst I
don't think I have broken any rules I guess I would be disqualified.

The list of do's and don'ts are
    1. Do spot DX you have worked or heard when tuning the band for the
benefit of all.
    2. Do use the DX cluster to help you find DX during the contest.
    3. Don't use the DX cluster to help the DX find you.
    4. Don't ask other stations that you work to "please spot me"
    5. Don't spot DX you've just worked on your frequency.
    6. Don't spot your fellow team member (if operating in team/multi band
contests e.g. UKAC, AFS, VHF NFD etc).

In the case mentioned above from the list of do's and don'ts
	1. Would or should be OK
	3. Could alert a DX station to hunt me out

I think Generally since the rule was introduced in May 200? every one is
afraid to show their callsign on the cluster or KST for fear of
disqualification.

I wonder what the CC have to say about this?

Paul

G3YDY